In this document, you'll learn about why we have restrictions on field names, and what they are. You'll also find a convenient field tester, to debug if your name matches the conditions.
There is a restriction on field names, so we can ensure proper parsing, provide additional functionality with "private fields", and so that we are able to conveniently work with the data in our code. We believe this restriction is fair, but please reach out if you have other requirements,
The following restrictions apply. Fields that do not match this conditions, will be ignored:
- field names may only contain alphanumeric characters and underscores.
- field names cannot have multiple consecutive underscores.
- field names cannot begin or end with an underscore.
- field names have a minimum length of 1 characters.
- field names have a maximum length of 20 characters.
Translated to code, field names need to match the following regex.
Feel free to test a couple of names in the input below. The input will turn green for valid names, and red for restricted ones.